Thursday 11 March 2010

Guess who's back

I've been meaning to post for ages but wasn't sure of what to say (I'm a firm believer of not blogging unless I have something worthwhile saying/reading). I've had some quite significant changes happen in the past 2-3 weeks and whilst change is good, this time it's really taken its toll on me and I have to admit I struggled to the point of feeling like I was drowning. I've had to re-evalute things in my life and I've been asking myself 'What's important to me?'

I'm still in the process of answering this question and it has caused me to make more changes. I can't say much more than that at the moment but I'm sure more will be revealed in time. I can say that some of the most significant support I got during this period came in the most unlikely forms (even the small gestures) and it's made me realise that you shouldn't take any of your relationships for granted - even the people you only see once every-so-often and even twitter-friends (as I call them - they know who they are). Someone I spoke to made me realise that bad things have a tendency to seeming a bit larger than life and it only takes watching the news to realise that your problems aren't actually 'problems' in the grand scale of things. Yes, there were huge personal and professional changes in your life but at least I still have my health, my sanity and people around me who love me no matter what. It was great advice, took a while to sink in but great advice nonetheless.

It was so easy to just sink into some state of semi-depression these past weeks; doing the bare minimum and not caring about the rest. I really had to kick myself out of it, it was getting pathetic! There was actually quite a bit happening I could have blogged about, was just lazy I suppose. I had to remind myself why I started the blog in the first place: as an avenue to talk about what I was thinking, doing, seeing, inspired by... and because I love to write - it keeps me sane.

Anyway, I'm back! And we have a lot of catching up to do (bear with me, I'm assuming people actually read my blog) starting with this tattoo I got....

No comments: