Friday 26 March 2010

3D Printed Shoes


Now when I first read this article a part of me thought "come on seriously, everything can't be 3D" but I was also very intrigued because shoes were involved. Sarah Barnes' post on Fashion156 talks about Melonia, the world's first pair of wearable printed shoes and the science behind how it works; a very interesting read. I am yet to watch the YouTube video and therefore a bit sceptical still but the rate at which technology is growing I wouldn't be too surprised.

Check out the article, what do you think? Just how close are we getting to year 3000 in 2010? If it were true however I would immediately print out these uber cute Emilio Pucci printed shoes - they're just crazy enough for me to want a pair.


Melonia is a creation of two students, Naim Josefi and Souzan Youssouf and their shoes made their debut during Stockholm Fashion Week.

No comments: