Friday 12 February 2010

Sleep Well, Lee Alexander McQueen

Lee McQueen (16th March 1969 - 11th February 2010)
"The British fashion designer Alexander McQueen has been found dead at the age of 40 in his London home...shortly after 10am today. The death comes days before the start of London fashion week and a month before the designer was to unveil his new collection at Paris fashion week. His mother passed away on the 2nd of February and he wrote on his twitter page last week: "I'm letting my followers know the my mother passed away yesterday if it she had not me nor would you RIP mum x" A minute later he added: "but life must go on!"and then on Sunday McQueen wrote: "sunday evening been a f****** awful week but my friends have been great but now I have to some how pull myself together..."                                     The Guardian 11/02/10

We lost one of the greats yesterday, Alexander McQueen. Sometimes there are no words that can be said. It's sad that it could have seemed so bad that he felt he had to take his own life, someone so seemingly fulfilled with a great career and all who loved and adored him, both personally and in the fashion world. My condolences go to his family and close friends as they mourn their terrible loss, we all mourn with them too.

Alexander McQueen Spring 2010

Those shoes

Watch a clip from his last collection, Spring 2010, below, courtesy of Modelinia.com Click through to read their blog post on the show: Plato's Atlantis

                                         

No comments: