Sunday 21 February 2010

London Fashion Week Day 2 and 3

Sorry for the lack of post yesterday. We got home from our RooR show with Fashion Mavericks and was so completely exhausted. I stayed awake long enough to have some dinner and then went straight to bed (having a total of 6 hours sleep in 3 days is not healthy. Seriously, do not try this at home)

Our RooR show was amazing, I'm so very proud of us girls. The last week was manic to say the least and having got no sleep Friday night my nerves were completely shot on Saturday. No amounts of sweets/doughnuts were helping and I was really sick to my stomach with worry. Turns out, fretting I needn't have done as the show went pretty well if I may say so myself. So grateful to Jacqui and her team at Fashion Mavericks (especially Matthew, THE runway coach diva EXTRAORDINAIRE. He was like Miss Jay but ten times more awesome).

I've put up some backstage pictures but there are more over at the RooR blog, Twenty-Four Carat Cocoa. The official pictures will also be up on our site www.roordesign.com once we get them back from the photographer.

RooR AW2010 show (4)

RooR AW2010 show (2)

RooR AW2010 show (6)

RooR AW2010 show (7)

RooR AW2010 show (8)

RooR AW2010 show (1)


So, Day 2 = pretty eventful. The boy came to the show and hadn't seen him in 2 weeks and he was looking gooooood *wolf whistles* I like to think my fashion sense was rubbing off on him. Having said that, absence does make the heart grow fonder, maybe we should be apart more often (don't tell him I said that). Day 3 of LFW I decided to take it slow; church in the morning and then spent the rest of the day with the boy - a belated valentine's so to speak. However the twitpics kept me up to date with who was showing what at Somerset House. Thank God for twitter.

Off to bed now. Looking forward to the shows tomorrow, especially Hermione de Paula at Vauxhall Fashion Scout.

No comments: